Monday, February 20, 2012

A Student in Glasgow

Every now and then, I find myself reflecting on my time spent in the wonderful country of Scotland. I had spent nearly two years there, while attending a University in Glasgow. Of course, I had my options as to which university I wanted to study at, but there was no second guessing my decision of Glasgow.
I have always loved that country, ever since my mother and father took me there on a family vacation. I can still recall the Edinburgh city centre hotel that we stayed at during our first visit, but I did not have the opportunity to call it home for my studies, as it was in Edinburgh.


My studies did go extremely well, as the University of Glasgow is an institution that takes education very seriously. They employ some of the best profs, have some of the most well established programs, and have resources to make education possible. I can not thank them enough for the amount of time and effort they put in to make my stay a memorable one.

While I did not have an abundance of time to travel around the entire country, I did take a few weeks at the end of my final term to reward myself. Travelling alone with a backpack, I had to be strategic as to which attractions I wanted to see and where I would spend my evenings. I had heard great reviews about the Scottish highland hotel and decided to make that my first destination. To my surprise, the hotel was even more beautiful than people had made it out to be. What a lovely way to start my very short vacation. Perhaps one day I will be able to return to the lovely country of Scotland, but at the moment my memories will have to suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment