Friday, January 13, 2012

Self, Good Job

Somewhat left to my own devices, I was put in charge of planning our family's next vacation. While many stress at such an undertaking, I must say that I rather enjoyed it. Looking at some of the Short break Scotland Hotels that were available, I began to imagine the possibilities. We could make day trips to some of the larger cities of Scotland, or perhaps hike the Highlands.
The possibilities were endless! Although there were so many things to chose from, I had to keep in mind that we were travelling with two young children. Thus, the long treks through the scenic hills of Scotland seemed out of the question for this trip. Instead, I began to look into some of the smaller cities and towns of Scotland. I felt that these would be better options for us, as they would allow us to escape the hustle and bustle of city life, while taking in some of the most beautiful sights that Scotland had to offer.

Upon discovering the quaint town of Dunkeld, I immediately fell in love with everything that it had to offer. The thought of spending nearly a week in this cozy town had me head over heels. I felt that Dunkeld would be ideal for the entire family, as day trips to places such as Glasgow, Edinburgh, or even some of the smaller surrounding areas, were merely a couple of hours away. Furthermore, the Dunkeld hotel that I reserved offered such an extensive list of services, that it is difficult to perceive me ever wanting to leave. Needless to say, I am kind of a sucker when it comes to being pampered, as most people probably are. The hotel's spa looks so warm and exciting. Here's to yet another successfully planned family vacation that I am sure the entire family will enjoy.

1 comment: